Hyde Park Library’s 3-D Printer
Hyde Park Library’s 3D printer is available to all patrons of the Hyde Park Library to create, for a fee, physical objects based on digital files
and using Library-provided filament.
1. The Library’s 3D printers may be utilized only for lawful purposes. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that is:
a. prohibited by local, state, or federal law;
b. unsafe, harmful, or dangerous, or that poses an immediate threat to the well- being of others;
c. obscene or otherwise inappropriate;
d. in violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
2. Due to the fact that we are unable to foresee all circumstances and situations, the Library reserves the right to refuse a 3D print request.
3. Cost: Patrons will be charged based upon grams of filament used. This cost may change as the price of filament changes.
4. Items printed from Library 3D printers that are not retrieved within 7 days will be deemed to be property of the Library.
5. Items must be retrieved by the patron who made the initial request for a print.
6. Only designated Library staff will have “hands-on” access to the 3-D printer.